Steve Carell is quite easily one of America’s most lovable comedians, which made us wonder, what does the Steve Carell house look like? The actor, who’s most notably remembered as the #gaffable Michael Scott in the hit television series The Office and Gru in the Despicable Me franchise, has given us hilariously memorable characters such as Evan Baxter from Bruce Almighty and Rick Tamland from the Anchorman movie series.
Recently, Carell has opted for more serious pursuits in the likes of ventures such as Battle of the Sexes with Emma Stone and Beautiful Boy, an Amazon Studios film which has gained immense praise by critics and audiences alike including nominations at the Golden Globes, Screen Actor Guild and BAFTA Awards.
I have to admit, I’m pleasantly surprised to see Carell flaunting his acting chops. I feel like whenever you hear about an actor with a comedic background venturing into more serious roles, your initial thoughts are somewhere along the lines of “Mmm…Let’s remember our place, mmkay?”
I mean, let’s be honest, we’ve seen other actors such as Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly dabble in more serious work and we all pretty much want nothing to do with it.
But, for some reason I can’t quite put my finger on, this does not appear to apply to Carell.
With that being said, those of you whose loyalties to Carell are hinged solely upon how effective he is at giving you belly laughs are going to be much more pleased with his most recent film pursuits.
Carell announced in January 2019 that he’s partnered with The Office’s Greg Daniels and Netflix to bring us a comedy centered around the creation of a new government branch dedicated to patrolling the final frontier.
Space Force is going to be a comedic series which draws its inspiration from President Trump’s push for a dedicated “space-based missile defense layer”.
With so much on the horizon we’ve decided that now’s the perfect time to give you guys the 411 on all of your burning questions about the side-splitting comedian and now, bonafide actor ::picks up tea cup and extends pinky:: ☕ that is Steve Carell.
Where does Steve Carell live?
Steve Carell house Toluca Lake
Steve Carell’s mansion in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles is located in the affluent Toluca Lake neighborhood. The two-story, 16,853 square foot Cape Cod-style home has 5 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms and was previously owned by comedic actor Jonathan Winters.
When Steve and his wife bought the home for $6 million in 2010, they leveled the home and started fresh. Features include an elevator, spa, cabana, mud room, a study, a den leading to the outdoor patio and a guest house along with a tennis court, basketball court and outdoor pool. Carell’s double garage also comes with all sorts of perks for the self-described car enthusiast including its own automobile elevator.
The 5,028 square foot basement comes complete with a home theater, powder room, and an additional recreational room as well. Oh, and he’s in good company. Only one home separates he and Viola Davis!
We’ve got more photos where that came from! Check them out here: Steve Carell House Photos and Address
Steve Carell house Massachusetts
Carell and his wife Nancy both grew up in Massachusetts, so it comes as no surprise that the two decided to purchase a summer home in 2005 in the Marshfield Hills area they love. This is also the location of Carell’s General Store, which his sister-in-law Tish Vivado runs while the two are away.
In an interview he gave regarding his purchase of the local General Stores, Carell described his ties to the community saying, “It’s very different from L.A. It’s the atmosphere that my wife and I both grew up with. And it’s something we want to share with our kids. We want them to be with all of their cousins, aunts and uncles and grandparents…It’s family. It’s coming back to the family and I think that’s important.”
Where is Steve Carell from?
Carell was born in Concord, Massachusetts at Emerson Hospital, the youngest of four brothers, to his father (an electrical engineer) and mother (a psychiatric nurse). Carell was raised Roman Catholic and during his youth had a strong interest in hockey, lacrosse and also played the fife.
During his time at Denison University where he earned a degree in History. Carell initially set his sights on becoming a lawyer, however when it came time to submit his law school application he couldn’t find himself able to answer the first question “Why do you want to be a lawyer?”.
In an interview with NJ.com, Carell stated, “I had never considered acting as a career choice, although I’d always enjoyed it…I enjoyed hockey and singing in the choir, and I didn’t think of them as potential careers, either … But I began to realize I really loved acting, and telling stories.”
During his university studies, Carell also became a member of the student-run comedy improvisational troupe Burpee’s Seedy Theatrical Company. He also had a brief stint as a disc jockey for the campus’ radio station and went by the name of “Sapphire Steve Carell”. The rest, folks, is history.
How old is Steve Carell?
Steve Carell was born on August 16, 1962, which makes Steve Carell age 52-years-old at the time the article was published.
How tall is Steve Carell?
Carell is a reported 5’9” — which makes him significantly shorter than his long-time co-star John Krasinski – who measures in at an irresistible 6’3.
How much is Steve Carell worth?
There’s no denying that Carell’s various acting pursuits have contributed to his esteemed status as a multi-millionaire actor, but did you know the comedian also has various business pursuits that have contributed to his rank as one of the highest paid film comedians?
In early 2009 Carell purchased Marshfield Hills General Store in the town of Marshfield, Massachusetts which also contributed to him earning a place as one of the highest-ranking actors with regards to income in 2011.
During his stint on earlier seasons of The Office, the actor was raking in a reported $87,000 per episode. This number grew to a whopping $300,000 per episode by season 6, meaning Carell was bringing roughly $7.8 million per season.
The sum of his acting pursuits has resulted in Carell being worth an estimated $50 million, according to industry resource Celebrity Net Worth. That’s pretty impressive, especially considering his projects have been relatively numbered since his days on The Office, with the actor not gaining too much spotlight until his forte into film.
Funniest Steve Carell Movies
This is a tough one. There are so many! If I had to pick three, they would be:
- The 40 Year Old Virgin: Andy Stitzer (Steve Carell) is an amiable single guy who works at a big-box store. Living alone, 40-year-old Andy spends his free time playing video games and curating his action-figure collection. Despite his age, Andy has never had sex, so his friends, including the laid-back David (Paul Rudd), push Andy towards losing his virginity. While attempting to get over his awkwardness around female customers, Andy meets local shop owner Trish (Catherine Keener), and they begin a tentative romance. (Google)
- Anchorman: Hotshot television anchorman Ron Burgundy (Will Ferrell) welcomes upstart reporter Veronica Corningstone (Christina Applegate) into the male-dominated world of 1970s broadcast news — that is, until the talented female journalist begins to outshine Burgundy on air. Soon he grows jealous, begins a bitter feud with Veronica and eventually makes a vulgar slip on live TV that ruins his career. However, when an outrageous story breaks at the San Diego Zoo, Ron may get a chance to redeem himself. (Google)
- Little Miss Sunshine: Although it’s a drama/comedy crossover, it’s still hilarious! The Hoover family — a man (Greg Kinnear), his wife (Toni Collette), an uncle (Steve Carell), a brother (Paul Dano) and a grandfather (Alan Arkin) — puts the fun back in dysfunctional by piling into a VW bus and heading to California to support a daughter (Abigail Breslin) in her bid to win the Little Miss Sunshine Contest. The sanity of everyone involved is stretched to the limit as the group’s quirks cause epic problems as they travel along their interstate route. (Google)
Steve Carell TV Shows
There is really only one that you need to know, and that’s The Office. But, he has done more than that!
- The Office: This US adaptation, set at a paper company in Scranton, Pa., has a similar documentary style to that of the Ricky Gervais-led British original. It features the staff of Dunder-Mifflin, a staff that includes characters based on characters from the British show (and, quite possibly, people you work with in your office). There’s Jim, the likable employee who’s a bit of an everyman. Jim has a thing for receptionist-turned-sales rep Pam (because office romances are always a good idea). There’s also Dwight, the successful co-worker who lacks social skills and common sense. And there’s Ryan, who has held many jobs at the company. (Google)
- The Daily Show: One of the foremost political talk shows, Steve Carell acted as a “field reporter” for longtime host Jon Stewart.
- Angie Tribeca: Executive producer Steve Carell recruits Rashida Jones, his former co-star in `The Office’, for the lead role in a police procedural that plays out like a small-screen version of `The Naked Gun’. Angie Tribeca leads a squad of LAPD detectives who investigate, says the network, “the most serious cases, from the murder of a ventriloquist to a rash of baker suicides”. Angie works best alone. The only problem? She has a new partner, Jay Geils. The squad also includes apoplectic captain Chet Atkins, quirky, bespectacled medical examiner Dr. Monica Scholls, and Detective DJ Tanner. (Google)
Is Steve Carell married?
Steve Carell married Saturday Night Live alumn Nancy Walls in August of 1995. The two met while Nancy was a student at an improvisation class Carell was teaching at Second City. #Scandalous!
Steve described his initial attempts at flirting as pretty awkward, saying, “I beat around the bush…said something stupid like, ‘Well, you know, if I were to ever ask someone out, it would be someone like you…It’s so stupid, but it was all self-protection.”
Since then, the two have collaborated on a number of projects. Nancy acted as his realtor and short-lived girlfriend Carol Stills on The Office, she made a cameo appearance as a sex therapist on The 40-Year-Old-Virgin and also played the character of Linda in Seeking a Friend for the End of the World.
The two also collaborated to create the TBS comedy series starring Rashida Jones, Angie Tribeca.
Steve Carell kids
Steve and Nancy have two children. The oldest, Elisabeth Anne, was born in May 2001 and the youngest, John, was born in June 2004.
So, there you have it! Everything you’ve ever wanted to know about the insanely popular comedian and actor that is Steve Carell! Carell has been gracing us with his sidesplitting antics for over 15 years and we can’t wait to see what else America’s most lovable comedian has in store for us in future projects.