- Chip and Joanna Gaines rose to fame in 2014 when their HGTV series Fixer Upper became a massive hit.
- The couple has renovated over 80 properties on the show, making for an epic Fixer Upper house tour.
- They now have their own TV network – Magnolia Network – as well as multiple multi-million dollar businesses.
- Chip & Jo live in Waco, Texas. All their businesses, including the Magnolia Silos, are there.
- There are a couple of Waco Tours, but the Waco Fixer Upper homes tour is the only way to see every single one in an easy to use PDF format.
Waco Fixer Upper Tour – Fun Things To Do In Waco, Texas
One of the most asked questions we get related to Chip and Joanna Gaines has to be ‘is there a Fixer Upper tour in Waco?’
Yes! There’s a Fixer Upper Map! When it comes to things to see in Waco, The Fixer Upper Tour of Waco by Velvet Ropes is a must. It’s the only guide that has every Fixer Upper house listed, and it has Google Maps links for easy navigation. Part one of the guide – The Tour – includes 22 Fixer Uppers from the show and 15 properties owned by Chip and Joanna. Those are all near Downtown and listed in a curated order for easy navigation. In addition, all 80 Fixer Uppers are also listed by season with map links.
The guide also includes all 22 properties owned by Chip and Joanna. From the Silos Waco to the warehouse where Joanna keeps her antiques to the Magnolia headquarters, this is the ultimate Waco Texas Magnolia tour. Check out the Fixer Upper map below.
Waco Fixer Upper Tour - Map of Magnolia Silos & Homes
Are you looking for a locally curated, do-it-yourself tour of Waco Fixer Upper homes that eliminates tourist traps and takes you directly to the source? We’re filming location & celebrity home map experts and we’ve got you covered!
This tour includes ALL 80 homes renovated on ‘Fixer Upper’ – Google Maps links included – as well as photos, Maps links, and inside scoop on all 22 properties owned by Chip & Joanna Gaines. We’ve also included exclusive stops and tips that you won’t find on any other tour.
What You’re Getting
- 80 Verified Fixer Upper House Addresses
- 22 Chip & Joanna Property Addresses (The Farmhouse, too!)
- Easy to Follow PDF Tour Emailed to You
- Map Links for Easy Navigation to Each Location
- Exclusive Tips That Only Locals Know
If you love Chip & Joanna Gaines as we do, you won’t regret buying this expertly-curated tour!
What’s On The Tour
The guide features 102 properties in total. Fixer Upper houses, properties owned by Chip and Joanna including The Farmhouse, plus hot spots you’ll recognize from the show! Here are just a few:
- Magnolia Silos: The Silos Waco is now the #1 attraction in the city. This is where all but two of Chip and Joanna’s public-facing businesses are. It’s truly a Disney World-like experience for fans.
- Original Magnolia Store: Chip and Joanna Gaines store was first opened on Bosque Blvd. just outside Downtown Waco. They reopened in 2018 as “Little Shop on Bosque”
- Magnolia Bakery Waco: Known as Silos Baking Co. – Joanna’s bakery is one of the hottest spots in the city. There’s usually a line but it moves quickly!
- Magnolia Restaurant Waco: Magnolia Table opened in 2018 and is the only full-service restaurant the couple operates. We recommend getting there before they open for the easiest experience. It’s insanely popular.
The tour begins at The Silos Waco, of course. There are hours and hours of things to do there, so plan accordingly. Here’s a map of the property. It’s pretty impressive!
If you’re looking for a guided tour, the folks at Waco Tours have it figured out. It was founded by two couples who were featured on Fixer Upper. They noticed tourists driving by their homes for photos and realized there was no tour company to help them get around to all the sights.
They have several tours of Waco. Their Classic Waco Tour features hot spots around the city and Fixer Upper highlights. It’s $64 per person and includes local snacks and complimentary drinks. They also have a really cool River Boat Cruise along the Brazos River for $79 per person. Check out their website for all the details.
Things To Do In Waco
You may not realize it, but there are so many cool things to see in Waco, Fixer Upper houses included! Of course, the Magnolia Tour brings many families to the city, but there’s more to see than just Chip and Joanna’s businesses and homes. The #1 travel site in Texas, Tour Texas, suggests some cool spots. Here are a few of their top picks:
- Magnolia Silos: of course, you can’t come to Waco without seeing The Silos!
- Dr. Pepper Museum: A Waco original, check out where the magic was made for over 100 years!
- Waco Mammoth National Monument: see the remains of six Colombian Mammoths that roamed what we now know as Waco tens of thousands of years ago.
- Get Outdoors | Lake Waco & Brazos Riverwalk: The pristine waters of Lake Waco are begging for you to kayak, and the riverwalk along the Brazos is a gorgeous stroll.
- Homestead Craft Village: this non-denominational Christian community believes in sustainable living and quality craftmanship. Shop, eat, and explore!
Can You Tour Fixer Upper Homes?
Most of the homes featured on Fixer Upper are private residences inhabited by the couples you saw on the show and not open to the public.
That said, Chip and Jo did renovate some of their own properties on the show. Remember Magnolia House and Carriage House from season 3? Both of those are a part of Magnolia’s hospitality offering. You can book them here on the Magnolia website.
In addition to the Chip and Joanna-owned homes for rent, several fixers from the show are now available to rent on Airbnb. We mention and link to them in the Fixer Upper tour Waco map!
If you’re wanting to immerse yourself in Joanna’s cozy design, we highly recommend you plan ahead and book ahead because they are very popular.
Is Chip and Joanna Gaines restaurant still open in Waco?
Of course, Magnolia Table is still open and thriving! The hip, modern-vibe restaurant is open Monday – Saturday from 6 AM to 3 PM. They are closed on Sundays, as are all Magnolia properties.
Check out this handy Current Wait Times tool on their website before heading over for a bite!
Fun fact: The building is the former home of Elite Cafe, a staple in Waco for many decades. One of its many claims to fame was that while stationed at Fort Hood, a soldier named Elvis Presley dined there.
What happened to Joanna Gaines bakery?
Nothing happened to it! It’s located on The Silos property. Some people confuse it by searching for Magnolia Bakery, the famous NY one seen in Sex and the City. Joanna’s is called Silos Baking Co. and is well worth the wait!
Do Chip and Joanna still live at Magnolia Farm?
Yes! Chip and Joanna Gaines still live at The Farmhouse in Crawford, TX just outside Waco.
The couple bought their now-famous farmhouse in August 2012. At the time it was in a state of disrepair. They renovated the place and finally moved in around October 2013. The 1,700 square foot home sits on over 40-acres, where Chip has cattle, horses, goats, chickens, dogs, and who knows what else.
In 2021, Joanna convinced Chip to add on a new family room, as seen in Season 1 of Fixer Upper: Welcome Home. During that same renovation, Joanna decided her kitchen needed a refresh. Her new cabinet color is a deep, gorgeous, glossy green.
Despite their empire, this remains the couple’s only home. Although, our team has heard rumors that they may be buying a home in Montecito, CA. We’ll let you know!
Where is Magnolia Texas?
Chip and Joanna have no doubt transformed Waco, but they haven’t renamed it Magnolia quite yet. Magnolia, Texas – population 1,400 – is a small town located outside Houston, Texas. It’s 140 miles from Waco, where Chip and Jo’s Magnolia brand is headquartered.